Our values and ethos are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Our most basic purpose is to encourage and help our children achieve their full potential. At Newlaithes Infant School every child matters.
“Enjoyment and Success in Learning”
Our aims are:
Enjoy and Achieve
· To create a secure and happy learning environment where courtesy, consideration, good manners and honesty hold priority.
· To develop supportive partnerships with parents and carers, valuing the contribution parents and carers make to school and their child’s education.
Make a Positive Contribution
· To develop every child’s self esteem through the achievement of the school’s keys to success (organisation, confidence, getting along and persistence).
· To help the children acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant to the changing world in which they live.
· To help children respect and value themselves, other people and the environment.
· To maintain an attractive, welcoming and safe learning environment.
Achieve Economic Wellbeing
· To motivate and encourage our children to become confident lifelong learners, able to work independently and collaboratively.
· To extend the services provided by school to support the learning opportunities for pupils, parents and carers and the wider community.
· To promote our open door policy, enhancing our strong links with parents and carers to support children’s health and well-being.
· To ensure that children develop in mind, body and spirit, understanding the factors that contribute to a healthy lifestyle.